Close Protection is the pinnacle of the Private Security Industry and, once you qualify and secure your SIA Licence, a whole new world of exciting career opportunities opens up for you!
The role of a Close Protection Operative is as varied as it is challenging. As a Close Protection Operative, you could find yourself protecting celebrities, politicians and diplomats, visiting dignitaries, sports stars and even royalty!
Close Protection Operatives often need to deal with high pressure and sometimes-dangerous situations, which require in-depth knowledge and training. The demands of the job dictate that our Close Protection training course covers an extremely broad range of skills.
UK Regulations set out in the Private Security Industry Authority (SIA) Act 2001, requires all individuals wishing to work in the private security industry to hold a Close Protection Licence.
Close Protection Operatives must have attended an accredited Close Protection course prior to attaining this licence. In addition to this they must hold a valid First Aid at Work Certificate (such as a First Person on Scene or First Response Emergency Care course) and have passed a criminal background check.
At Horizon our accredited Close Protection course is designed to go above and beyond SIA requirements to equip learners with the knowledge and skills for those who wish to pursue a career as a Close Protection Operative.
Our 20-day Level 3 Certificate in Close Protection is centred on the relevant SIA ‘Specifications for Learning and Qualifications for Close Protection Operatives’.
So commit now and book onto our Close Protection course today and open up a whole new world of exciting and lucrative job opportunities for yourself!
Why choose Horizon?
- Our Close Protection course is unique compared to other training providers. Our course includes a 3-day Hostile package at our Urban Training Centre and includes a Surveillance Package
- Genuine prospect of employment for course graduates (within the past 6-months we have successfully placed more than 400 graduates into employment with numerous reputable operational companies throughout the globe)
- Reputation for excellence with a proven track record
- Instructors from Royal Military Police (RMP) Close Protection Unit (CPU), UK Special Forces and British Military Intelligence with a vast amount of experience in numerous capacities and environments around the world
- Fantastic facilities at our UK based training centre, with sister-sites in Romania, Bulgaria and Ukraine
- ‘Attend Now, Pay Later’ option available (subject to T&C’s)
- We do not sell false promises (unlike some other training providers)
2018 UK Close Protection course dates:
Start Date End date
First Person On the Scene (FPOS) Level 4 and First Response Emergency Care (FREC) Level 3 course's will be delivered directly after our Close Protection course concludes (5 days), this will then be followed by a Medicine in Remote Area's course (MIRA), 3 days. Combined CP, FPOS L4, FREC 3 & MIRA bundle 28 days in duration.
Various course bundles available.
For further information please call 0800 689 1199 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Horizon is proud to be an approved Training Provider under the Ministry of Defense’s Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service (ELCAS). Our Enhanced Learning Credits (ELCAS) provider number is 5805.